- Published: Tuesday, 19 November 2013 17:35
- Written by Free Burma Rangers
19 November 2013
Written By: Free Burma Rangers
Mansi Township, Kachin State, Burma
In This Report:
- Burma Army Attacks in Mansi Township send 2,000 Villagers to Flee Nam Lim Pa IDP Camp
- Burma Army Troops Kill Kachin Villager
- Burma Army Captures Villagers; Tortures Four Men
Burma Army Overruns Nam Lim Pa Village, causing 2,000 IDPs to flee Nam Lim Pa IDP Camp
At 2:00 pm on 16 November 2013, over 100 Burma Army soldiers from MOC 21 came to Nam Lim Pa Village. Soldiers held and threatened about 300 students at the Nam Lim Pa IDP school compound. Many of the villagers had already fled to Nam Lim Pa IDP camp. Now the Burma Army occupies both Nam Lim Pa village and Nam Lim Pa IDP camp.
At 10:00pm, all the villagers from Nam Lim Pa IDP (Internally Displaced Person) Camp, totaling over 2,000 men, women and children, began moving towards Man Gau Da Nam Hkyet Village.